Rishikesh, the ancient city in northern India, is a place of pilgrimage for spiritual seekers and yoga teachers. Its natural beauty includes the world’s second-highest mountain, the Himalayas, and the Ganges River.
The best places to eat in Rishikesh are largely vegetarian. They include such dishes as dal-bhat, a traditional Nepali meal of lentils and rice. Chai tea is also a popular drink in this region of India. It is common for people to offer guests some sweets or fruit as a gift in Rishikesh. mountain peak, the Ram Jhula suspension bridge, and many temples. The region is also home to top hotels where you can enjoy Indian cuisine with an exotic international flair that has been gathered from around the world. We have put together a list of our favorite places to eat below so you can get your fix before you say goodbye to Rishikesh.
1. VJ’s By The Ganges, Rishikesh
– This is a place to experience Indian dining in an entirely different way. VJ’s offers a menu of cuisines from the five corners of India and other exotic parts of the world. Chef Chanti cooks up all sorts of dishes from the owner’s foreign travels and adds an international touch to finish them off.
Location: Badrinath Road | Tapovan, near auto stand, Rishikesh
2. Jal & Jalebi, Rishikesh
– One of the most popular spots in town for food is also an inviting spot for tea or coffee. It has a menu of traditional Indian dishes and also serves a wide array of vegetarian dishes. It is located in the city center and can be easily accessed from the main road.
Location: Location: 237 Virbhadra Road | Hotel Ganga Kinare, Near Barrage, Rishikesh
Atmosphere: Quite| Service: Friendly | Decor: Casual
3. Oasis Restaurant And German Bakery, Rishikesh
– This is a place that serves authentic German dishes. German cuisine is served in a big, open-air restaurant with a garden outside. It also has ample outdoor seating and offers local fare such as aloo ki sabzi (mushroom curry) and roti. It is located on the outskirts of Rishikesh in the middle of a forest where nature lures you into the outdoors with its sweet smell.
Location: Hotel Ishan – A River Side Retreat, Laxman Jhula, Rishikesh
4. Sitting Elephant, Rishikesh
– This is one of the most popular vegetarian restaurants in town. It has a big menu of unique paneer dishes based on vegetables, including paneer-dahi, a yogurt and dahi mixture that is served with naan bread. Its menu includes Italian pasta dishes and Indian cottage cheese curries. It can be found near the city center in the vicinity of Self-Help Graphics & Printing, where you can enter the bakery through their kitchen window and sit inside to eat.
Location: Location: 355 Haridwar Road, Rishikesh
5. Tulsi Restaurant, Rishikesh
– This is a well-known restaurant that offers local Indian food. It has a seven-course meal that includes sambhar and dal, two staples of the cuisine, as well as a variety of breads and desserts. There are also sweets on its menu such as gulab jaman, burfi, and makhan malai (cream).
Location: Ghugtyani Malli, Tapovan, Rishikesh
6. A Tavola Con Te, Rishikesh
– This is a place to experience authentic Italian cooking in an intimate setting. It also serves a variety of vegetarian dishes. Pasta and pizzas are among the menu items, as well as all sorts of pastas in different flavors and shapes. Focaccia, bruschetta, and crostini are just a few examples of the breads on its menu.
Location: Inter College Road, Tapovan Sarai Behind Kriya Yoga Ashram, Rishikesh
7. Native Taste, Rishikesh
– This is a fine dining vegetarian restaurant that serves many traditional Indian dishes. It has an expansive menu that includes a variety of vegetarian curries and biryanis, as well as dosas, kheer and sabji malai (coconut), lunch specials and desserts. The atmosphere is casual, but elegant in its own way. It is located downtown in the center of the city on Rishikesh Road.
Location : Kailash Gate, opp. State Bank Of India, Muni Ki Reti, Rishikesh
5 Best Riverside Restaurants With Stunning Views
1. Beatles Cafe, Rishikesh
– This is a pretty place to eat, especially at night. But you can also come here for breakfast or lunch. It is located along the banks of the River Ganges and serves food from around the world. The menu offers a variety of breads and desserts, as well as an extensive list of Indian dishes such as chicken vindaloo and eggplant curry.
2. Om Freedom Cafe, Rishikesh
– Om Freedom Cafe is a place for people who want to enjoy peace and quiet in the heart of nature. It is located in a secluded area on the banks of the Ganges River and serves foods from around the world. The menu offers Indian dishes such as dal bhat and chai tea, as well as a variety of breads and desserts.
3. Ramana’s Garden Organic Cafe, Rishikesh
– This is globally inspired vegetarian restaurant that serves a variety of cuisines. Its menu includes Indian dishes, such as dal bhat, as well as all sorts of breads and desserts. There are also a variety of beverages on offer, including fresh-squeezed fruit juices and lassi. It is located in the city center near the city’s main market.
4. Pyramid Cafe & Guest House, Rishikesh
– This is a place for people who enjoy peace and quiet in the heart of nature. It is located in a secluded area along the banks of the Ganges River. The menu offers Indian dishes like dal bhat, as well as fresh-squeezed fruit juices and lassi.
5. Little Buddha Cafe, Rishikesh
– This is a cafe/restaurant that is situated on the banks of the River Ganges. It serves an array of breads, desserts and local fare from around the world. It is located in the city center near Raas Bagh which is known for its Indian vegetarian cuisine.
Some Authentic Pahadi Food:-
- Jhangora ki Kheer
- Mandua ki Roti
- Bhatt ki Churdkani
- Jholi ka Sag/ Kaapul
Rishikesh is a place that must be visited for its divine vibes and scenic beauty. It is a place where you can enjoy the divine presence of the natural world, which of course includes the food, where there is a large variety to choose from. Here are some top-rated eateries that you should try while visiting.
The above-mentioned restaurants have been ranked under different category survey conducted by various food portals and magazines.