June is a great time to visit India. It’s monsoon season, so there won’t be any heatwaves and it’s the perfect time for a vacation! There are many beautiful places in India, with different climates and landscapes. Best of all, June is one of the cheapest times to visit these amazing destinations.
The best places to visit in June in India this :
* Shimla – This is an excellent hill station right next to Delhi that offers some splendid views of snow-capped Himalayan peaks. It is the perfect destination for a summer getaway.
* Goa – Goa beaches usually make it to the best beaches in India list, but they are even more gorgeous in June when they become more deserted and less crowded. Right now, you can enjoy all that Goa has to offer at its luxury hotels, which are still relatively affordable.
* Shrinagar – Many people take their vacations very seriously around this time of year, so Shrinagar is great for families with kids. It has lots of activities, sights to see and restaurants serving delicious Kashmiri cuisine!
* Manali – This is another Himalayan hill station. It is very scenic and has a charming appeal to it- and the mountain air will be great for clearing your head after a long winter.
* Ladakh – Ladakh is a great place to visit even in the peak of summer, so June’s cold weather won’t be a problem. This region is popular for its Buddhist monasteries and beautiful landscapes.
* Kerala – Kerala has lots of beaches, forests and wildlife reserves to explore at any time of the year. The best time to visit Kerala is in June, as it is the rainy season.
* Andaman & Nicobar Islands – The Andaman and Nicobar Islands are a different world compared to anywhere else in India. They are privately owned by the British Government, so they have different laws throughout their territories. If you are interested in diving or snorkelling, this is probably the best time of year to visit.
* Hyderabad – It is one of the best places to visit in India in June. There aren’t many tourists here and it’s a great place to get some rest after your busy summer. The weather will be great for all sorts of outdoors activities, including mountain biking and horse riding.
The most famous temples and holy sites in India are known at the time of their festivals, so you can usually find more information about these on the internet than at other times of year.
The best temples and holy sites in India are:
* Hampi – The famous ruined city of Hampi is a must-see every single year. It’s only open during the months of June – September, but there is a garden at the base of it so tourists can see the remains while they are still relatively intact.
* Chidambaram – A temple town in Tamil Nadu, Chidambaram is home to one of the most beautiful temple complexes in India. It is dedicated to Lord Shiva and is a great place to visit during Shivratri.
* Varanasi – The oldest living city in the world, Varanasi is filled with religious sites and temples. Be careful though, it’s one of the most dangerous cities in India too! Just try to stay away from the tourist bus traps and you should be fine.
* Pushkar – A favourite for Hindu pilgrims, Pushkar has some amazing views of the desert landscape. It is known for its Pushkar Lake and the nearby annual Camel Fair, which is one of the biggest events of the year in India.
* Tirupati – The holy town of Tirupati attracts thousands of Hindu pilgrims every year. It has a large temple complex at its centre and is a great experience! Stay there in a homestay to get a true taste of local culture.
At The End
In this article I introduce to you the most amazing places to visit in June in India. If you are looking for more information on travelling to India, check out our travel blog for more articles and videos about travel in India.