If you’re looking for some fabulous skiing in spring-like weather (minus the snow), Gulmarg’s your spot. Nestled in north India, Gulmarg is a mecca for winter sports enthusiasts who can’t wait to make their way up north and enjoy the thrills of skiing, skating and snowboarding.
Of course there are many other reasons why one should visit Gulmarg- it has its own micro-climates and scenery that is unlike anywhere else in the world. It’s a perfect place for skiing, snowboarding, and camping. If you’re an amateur enthusiast or professional skier, then Gulmarg is the place for you.
Here are some things to do at Gulmarg:
Skiing/ Snowboarding/ Snow Shoeing
If you’re looking to have an exciting time on the slopes, Gulmarg is your spot. It offers one of the best spots for skiing in India. There are plenty of guides and instructors available who’ll help you out. You can choose from a variety of trails, from the 8 km long beginners track to the more advanced 3 km black diamond one.
Winter Adventure Tours
For those of you looking for more than just skiing, there’s a variety of winter adventure tours available that’ll help you experience the real thrill of Gulmarg in winter time. If you’re an amateur or professional skier, these tours are your best option.
Ally’s Chairlift Rides and Sightseeing’s
Another fun way to enjoy the pristine beauty and scenery of Gulmarg is by taking a sightseeing tour around the area by Ally’s Chairlift. Ally’s Chairlift is open for sightseeing from 10 am to 6 pm. The chairlift drops you at different points that are at different heights in the mountains, from where you can enjoy breathtaking views of the crystal clear lake and the green slopes all around.
If you’re looking to buy some souvenirs or if you want to shop for some designer winter clothes and accessories, Gulmarg can be your place. You’ll find a variety of shops selling everything from clothes and accessories to arts, handicrafts and paintings.
Places and best time to visit Gulmarg
Gulmarg is a one of the best ski resort in India and has been attracting ski lovers from all over the world for last many years. Some of the well know ski resorts are as follows:
The best time to visit Gulmarg is between November and March, when the temperature is slightly cooler. The snow clad peaks look very beautiful. However, if you want to enjoy a family vacation then you can also visit in summers when it is warm and sunny.
Be Prepared for Cold Weather
Here are some must read tips for winter sports enthusiasts and travelers before you plan to visit Gulmarg:
1. Dress in Warm Clothing: Winter sports enthusiasts should dress in warm clothing such as a woolen hat, sweaters, leggings and others, so that the body temperature stays warm. You will be surprised to see how fast your body temperature drops when you’re sitting on the snow for 2 hrs.
2. Bring an extra pair of socks and woolen hat: these can keep your feet warm when you are skiing or snowboarding. You should always have an extra pair of warm, cozy and dry socks.
3. Seek Professional Help: Winter sports enthusiasts can avail the help from professional instructors and guides at Gulmarg to make their trip more enjoyable and successful.
4. Seek more Information: You can also seek for more information about boarding and skiing at Gulmarg from the ski resort directory, to help you plan the time and dates of your holiday.
5. Bring Sunscreen: when you are in the snow, try to wear a sunscreen lotion to protect yourself from extreme weather. You may also bring sunglasses along with you to protect yourself from the sun’s Ultra-violet rays.
6. Stay Hydrated: Drink plenty of water before, during and after your ski trip as dehydration can cause headaches, fatigue and dizziness.
7. Take Healthy Snacks: There are various fruits, dry fruits and nuts available in the market that you can carry for snacks for you and your family members.
8. Don’t Forget Your Camera: You should definitely not forget to carry your camera along with you as there are some amazing beautiful landscapes available at Gulmarg.
9. Bring some warm clothes: while you are away, you should try to store some warm winter clothes in a bag or backpack. It will be a great help when you get back home, as it will give you relief from the extreme cold.
10. Don’t Forget your Boots: Bring along with you some comfortable and warm winter boots to enjoy your trip at Gulmarg. You might also seek for professional assistance from professionals working at Gulmarg to bring your boots on the snow-covered slopes or elsewhere in the resort.
Now these are some of the important points that you need to keep in mind before you plan a vacation to Gulmarg, Kashmir. Don’t forget to remember these points as these can help you enjoy your trip in the snow-clad peaks of Gulmarg.
If you’re planning a trip to Gulmarg, then this will sure be helpful for you guys. Please do comment your views if you have any queries and share this awesome post with your friends on social media, so that they too can enjoy a safe and fun trip to Gulmarg.