Mathura Tourism – Mathura is a city in Uttar Pradesh, India. that is known for its religious history. It was built in ancient times and the birthplace of Lord Krishna in North India. The city has been a UNESCO World Heritage Site since 1983. The religious history of Mathura attracts many tourists who visit the city to learn about the importance of this place . Mathura is situated at the banks of river Yamuna. The city is also known as “City of Temples”. The city has many attractions of its own which will leave you stunned.
This Mathura Tourism post will offer you informative tips on everything from the best places to stay in Mathura to the top attractions and things to do in the city. It features recommendations on where to eat, shop, and go out with friends. So whether you’re visiting Mathura for business or pleasure, rest assured that the advice given here will help make your trip much more enjoyable.
What is the Best Time To Visit In Mathura?
Mathura is an all year-round destination and offers pretty much every season. The best time to visit is between the months of October to March. The weather is pleasant during this time and you can explore all the attractions of Mathura in full comfort. Other than this On the festivals of Krishna Janmashtami & Holi is also a best time to visit Mathura because of the all-night lively celebrations and many cultural programs, movies, music events, street plays and all kind of other attractions are organised during these festivals.
How to reach ?
By Air : The nearest Airport to Mathura is Agra Airport which is 60 Kms from Mathura.
By Road : It is better to reach Mathura by road as Mathura is well connected by roadways. The bus services are also available from Delhi and other cities.
By Rail : Mathura Junction is the most prominent railway station in Mathura which is well connected with Agra, Delhi,Noida, Haridwar, Haldwani , Dehradun , Amritsar , Kalka and many more.
Getting Around in Mathura – Mathura Tourism
Mathura has all types of transport facility like taxis, rickshaws and buses for people needing to travel around in the city. It is very convenient to take bus rather than taxis as most of the people prefer to travel in public transport. What to See In Mathura?
Where to Stay ?
There are many budget hotels in Mathura, but due to its religious importance and tourist attraction, you can get a lot of luxury hotels in Mathura as well. The hotels in Mathura are very cheap, and you will not have to pay a lot of money for staying in the city.
Also Visit – Family Hotels in Mathura
Where to Eat?
Mathura is known for its religious importance and is a place where there are lots of temples, which attracts people from around the world. The city is also popular for its delicious delicacies. A lot of delicious food items can be found in some of the best restaurants in Mathura and also roadside eateries which will offer some yummy food items and snacks at affordable prices. There are lots of restaurants and cafes in Mathura where you can enjoy different cuisines.
Places to see and Things to do in Mathura:
To make your trip memorable and enjoyable, you should visit the top attractions in Mathura. These are mentioned below:
1) Visit Shri Krishna Janmabhoomi Temple
2) Visit Dwarkadhish Temple
3) Visit Prem Mandir, Mathura
4) Take A Dip in the holy water At Vishram Ghat, Mathura
5) Kusum Sarovar
6) Kans Qila, Mathura
7) Visit Gokul, Mathura
8) Visit Vrindavan, Mathura
9) Get Some Knowledge about history of Mathura at Mathura Museum
10) Visit Gita Mandir
11) Visit Govardhan Hill
12) Visit Krishna Balaram Mandir, Mathura
13) Visit Rangji Mandir
14) Visit Krishna Balaram Mandir
15) Visit Chowk Bazaar
16) Visit Chamunda Devi Temple
17) Visit ISKCON Temple, Mathura
18) Visit Radha Kund
19) Visit Barsana
20) Enjoy The Water Rides At Dolphin The Water World
21) Explore the Krishna Nagar Market
22) Visit Jama Masjid Mathura
23) Lathmar Holi
Also Visit – Things To Do In Mathura
Shopping in Mathura
In Mathura, you can find a lot of malls, markets and shops. You can get all types of souvenirs in these. Shopping is one of the most interesting activities in Mathura. A lot of shopping centers are situated near to the holy places and they also offer some discounts to their customers which will make your shopping more enjoyable.
Things to remember while going to Mathura
– Always carry a footwear with you.
– It is advisable to carry a lot of water in your bag as it gets very hot in Mathura.
– Make sure that you take an umbrella with you whenever you go out as there will be some sudden showers.
– Try not to touch the famous people as everyone will rush to touch them.
– Do not forget to carry some sweet or supari or some other small eatable with you so that you can offer it to the locals and make them happy.
– Don’t forget to take plenty of photographs as you will have lots to remember and cherish from your trip here. – There are a lot of people who are selling things on the streets, but do not forget to bargain.
Mathura is one of the best cities to visit in India because of its religious importance. A lot of tourists visit this place and spend their vacations here as there are a lot of interesting things to see and do here. You can get lots of information about Mathura tourism from this article which will help you in planning your trip to this beautiful city.