If you’re planning to visit Munnar, then you should do so either in the months of October or December. The weather is better, there are more tourists around, and it’s still a great time of year for driving through the tea plantations and checking out the sights.
Munnar best time to visit would be between the months of October and December. The weather is a bit cooler in October than it is in December, but it’s still a great time of year to drive through the tea plantations and check out the sights.
There are lots of things to see and do in Munnar, so you may want to spend more than just one day here. You can try a houseboat ride on Lake Victoria, visit the local market, and check out the various shops in town.
Munnar is known for its beautiful scenery and it’s easy to see why. The city is surrounded by tea plantations, hills, and rivers. The highest peak in the area that’s easy to reach is called Kurinchipuzha, which is an hour away from Munnar.
Top Things to Do & Places to See in Munnar
There’s a variety of things to do and places to visit here. If you like to check out nature, then the easiest place to start would be the tea plantations in and around Munnar. You can also check out some of the nearby waterfalls, caves, temples, and other sites around the city. There are also several tea tasting events that take place every year.
Rajamalai (Eravikulam) National Park
The Rajamalai National Park is one of the most popular national parks in India. The area is famous for its unique rock formations, which are unlike those found in other parts of the country. There’s a short bus ride from Munnar, which will take about 45 minutes to an hour for most people
Kiliyanallur falls is about 35 km north of Munnar and can be reached by hiring a private car or taking a taxi. This is a popular waterfall for those who want to take a dip in the water, but it’s not easy to get to. You’ll need to make your way down a slope full of rocks and small boulders, so you’ll need to be careful.
Eravikulam National Park
The Eravikulam National Park is another popular national park that’s located just outside of Munnar. There are lots of paths and trails that you can take to see a variety of animals, plants, and beautiful views.
Attukal waterfalls is a popular destination for those who want to swim in the falls. It’s about an hour away by private car, and it’s located in the Eravikulam National Park. To get to the waterfall, you’ll need to take a short bus ride from Munnar or hitchhike.
St Paul’s Church
St Paul’s Church is one of many churches that you can visit in Munnar. This one is located at the southern end of town, and it’s sometimes referred to as “Little Amsterdam” because of its architectural style. The grounds are very huge and the architecture is beautiful, so it’s best to check it out if you have time.
Top 5 Things To Do In Munnar
- The Sky View Observatory is a popular attraction for those who want to take in the natural beauty of the area. It’s located on top of a hill, and you can get there by taking a taxi. The main building has a few gift shops and cafes on the inside, so you can enjoy a snack while taking in the beautiful scenery surrounding you.
- The River Walk is a popular destination for those who want to check out plants, animals, and other wildlife in the area. You can take it all in from a nice walking path that winds around the river.
- The Spice Route is a popular tourist attraction for those who want to check out a variety of items from all over India. Lots of people come here, especially on weekends and holidays. You can purchase many different types of spices, as well as local foods and drinks.
- The Golden Triangle is an area of town that’s famous for its various shops selling Indian jewelry, clothing, and other goods. There are also a few souvenir shops and eateries, so you can buy something to take back home or eat.
- The Tea Museum is a small museum in Munnar that’s dedicated to the history of tea. There are many historical documents and paintings on display, as well as information about the various types of tea that are grown in this area.
Munnar is a popular destination for those who want to check out the natural beauty of Kerala, as well as visit some of the nearby places. There are a few things to do and see in the city, and it’s easy to spend more than one day here if you plan on exploring every corner of it. The city is surrounded by beautiful scenery and there are several places to see and do, so you should check it out if you’re in the area.