Shimla Tourism – Shimla , the capital of Himachal Pradesh, is the most beautiful hill station that draws trekkers and tourists from all over the world. The city is surrounded by picturesque hills and offers a serene landscape to the visitors. The lovely natural surroundings have made Shimla a favourite destination for the tourists worldwide. Shimla is also a favourite destination for adventure sports enthusiasts.
Shimla Tourism provides a complete guide to this beautiful hill station in Himachal Pradesh. This post will offer you informative tips on everything from the best places to stay in Shimla to the top attractions and things to do in the city. It features recommendations on where to eat, shop, and go out with friends. So whether you’re visiting Shimla for business or pleasure, rest assured that the advice given here will help make your trip much more enjoyable.
What is the Best Time To Visit In Shimla ?
Shimla is an all time favourite destination for tourists. but the best time is to visit during October to February because it’s winter season in Shimla. In Extremely cold winters snowfall on mountains take the place as an unforgettable memory. The chilly winters with the snowfall makes Shimla one of the most famous winter destinations in India. People visiting Shimla during winters are blessed with breathtaking view of snow covered mountains.
Weather is also very good in this period. Snow falls around Shimla, beauty of Himachal Pradesh and various activities which completed during this time are few reasons that make it more delectable.
How to reach Shimla ?
By Air: The nearest airports to Shimla are Jubarhati Airport and the Chandigarh airport. From these airports you have to take a car or taxi to reach Shimla.
By Train: The central railway station is at Shimla and a helipad is also there at the station. You can easily reach Shimla by rail from any place in India.
By Rail: The nearest railway stations to Shimla are Kalka Railway Station and the Chandigarh Railway Station . Kalka railway station is at a distance of 28 kilometers and Chandigarh railway station at a distance of 153 kilometers.
By Road: The city is well connected by road to all major towns of Himachal Pradesh and the rest of India. A number of bus services are available from Shimla to various parts of Himachal Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Jammu and Kashmir and several other states
How to Get Around in Shimla ?
Shimla is well maintained with a good network of roads, including the National Highway 1 that connects Shimla with Chandigarh and onwards to Delhi.
The city is also connected by the rail network, making it easy to travel from one destination to another.
Where to Stay ?
It’s always easy to find a nice place to stay in Shimla. It’s a tourist city and there are several hotels from super luxury hotels to budget hotels available. The budget hotels are available also in Shimla. You can also find many resorts in Shimla. There are plenty of family hotels in Shimla and you’ll find many tourists who choose to stay here on a budget.
Also visit – Family Hotels in Shimla
Where to Eat in Shimla ?
Shimla is known for its delectable food menu. You can find numerous restaurants and cafes and bars in Shimla. Its one of the best restaurants in Shimla from where you can enjoy authentic Indian, Tibetan and Chinese cuisines.
Also Visit – Rooftop Restaurants in Shimla & Best Places To Eat In Shimla
Places to see and Things to do in Shimla – Shimla Tourism
There are many famous tourist attractions around Shimla which is a must visit place for all tourists.
1) Pray at Christ Church
2) Experience the Ride on Toy Train
3) Visit the Shimla Ridge
4) Camping in Shimla
5) Trekking in Shimla
6) Shopping at The Mall Road
7) Pray at Jakhoo Temple
8) Get Lost in Shimla
9) Explore The Mall Road
10) Enjoy The Beauty of Chadwick Waterfall
11) Skate at natural Ice Skating Rink
13) Rafting At Tattapani
14) Visit Kufri
15) Witness The Beautiful View sunset View at Scandal Point
16) Enjoy the Beautiful view of Shimla from Summer Hill
17) Take a Historical Walk in Kuthar Fort
18) Go for a coffee Date at Cafe Simla Times
19) Explore The Lakkar Bazaar
20) Wonderful Nightlife in Shimla
21) Get your Adrenaline Pumping at Shimla Golf Club
22) Visit Rashtrapati Niwas
23) Day Outing at Green Valley
24) Pray at Tara Devi Temple
25) Visit Go Johnnie’s Wax Museum
26) Take a Tour to Water Catchment Wildlife Sanctuary
Shopping in Shimla :
The Mall Road is the most famous shopping spot for all the tourists in Shimla. It is a very famous shopping destination for all kinds of items like clothes, earrings, bracelets , bangles , belts etc.
You can also find shops selling Kashmiri Shawls, Himachali caps and other embroidered items on this road. So enjoy your shopping in Shimla and welcome to the land of numerous opportunities.
Things to remember while going to Shimla :
– Keep your ID proof along with you.
– Carry your medicines and other essentials with you.
– Carry cash with you in case of any emergency.
– If you are driving then make sure that the car is insured.
– If you are visiting during winters, then carry a coat along with you so that you can enjoy the snowfall.
– Carry some bottled water in your bag.
– Don’t forget to carry your camera with you. It will be one of the most memorable moment of your trip as you will get to capture the beauty of Shimla through it.
– Make sure that you don’t get lost in the city. Keep a map along with you while roaming around.
I would like to thank you all for taking the time to go through this Shimla Tourism post. I know that you will find these details extremely useful and beneficial. we hope you will enjoy your stay in Shimla. and if you want to know about more places visit us at Traveltricky.com