Rishikesh Tourism – As a spiritual destination, Rishikesh is becoming more popular every day. Blessed with a variety of temples and monasteries, this city is the ultimate place to relax and rejuvenate. You can explore Hindu culture like never before with a visit to the Ram Jhula or take a scenic walk on the Ganga River.
Or if you’re more interested in adventure, Rishikesh will not disappoint. There are many activities to choose from, so you’re sure to find something that suits your interests. The adventure sports available are paragliding, rafting, bungee jumping, mountain biking and trekking.
This Rishikesh Tourism post will offer you informative tips on everything from the best places to stay in Rishikesh to the top attractions and things to do in the city. It features recommendations on where to eat, shop, and go out with friends. So whether you’re visiting Rishikesh for business or pleasure, rest assured that the advice given here will help make your trip much more enjoyable.
what is the best time to visit Rishikesh ?
Rishikesh is very popular tourist destination throughout the year. But the best time to visit Rishikesh is between October to March. This is because the weather conditions at this time are pleasant and you can enjoy your trip. However, if you prefer visiting a place when it’s hot, then summer season should be followed. Summers are harsh here therefore most of the people prefer visiting in winters. It is completely okay for you to visit during summer but it’s not advisable as the temperature here can make you uncomfortable.
How to reach ?
By Air : The nearest airport is the Jolly Grant Airport Dehradun. It is around 32km from Rishikesh and can be easily reached by cabs and buses.
By Train : Rishikesh is well connected through trains to all the major cities including Delhi, Lucknow, Varanasi, and Haridwar. The nearest train station is at Rishikesh Junction.
By Road : A number of buses and cabs are available to reach Rishikesh from big cities such as Delhi, Dehradun, Chandigarh, etc.
Getting Around in Rishikesh – Rishikesh Tourism
Getting around in Rishikesh is easy and convenient. You can even travel on foot to cover the most of the major sites. However, there are also a number of taxis and buses available to take you to different parts of the city. The local transportation system is quite affordable and easy to use. There is no need to worry about noise pollution in Rishikesh as this city remains peaceful throughout the year.
Where to Stay ?
Being a top tourist destination, Rishikesh Tourism offers many good accommodations. Choosing your accommodation depends on your budget and needs. There are a number of hotels, guest houses, and luxury resorts available in Rishikesh to cater to different categories of tourists. The cost of hotels here is pretty reasonable as compared to other destinations nearby. You won’t need to worry about finding accommodations as they are easily available throughout the city.
Also visit – Hotels in Rishikesh Near Ganga
where to Eat ?
Rishikesh is a paradise for food lovers. There are a number of restaurants available where you can try different delicacies. Almost all the restaurants in Rishikesh offer pure vegetarian food. You will find a variety of cuisines here including Chinese, South Indian, and Uttarakhandi.
Also visit – Best Places To Eat in Rishikesh
Where to Shop ?
Rishikesh is a great place for shopping as there are a number of exclusive shops available. You will find a variety of specialty shops selling handcrafted products made from wood, metals, and other items. There are also various shops where you can buy souvenirs to take home. You can do your shopping at places like ‘Ganga Gallery’, ‘Shiva emporium’, ‘Divine Art’, etc.
What To See & Do in Rishikesh ?
Rishikesh is famous for its long list of activities and adventures. To make your trip memorable and enjoyable, you should visit the top attractions in Rishikesh. These are mentioned below:
1) Rafting in Rishikesh
2) Cliff Jumping
3) Camping & Hiking in Rishikesh
4) Mountain Biking in Rishikesh
5) Take a ride in Hot Air Balloon
6) Trekking In Rishikesh
7) Bungee Jumping in Rishikesh
9) Flying Fox, Rishikesh
10) Rock Climbing in Rishikesh
11) Ganga Aarti at Triveni Ghat
12) Visit Lakshman Jhula
13) Visit Ram Jhula
14) Do Yoga On The Bank of River Ganga
15) Take A Dip In Holy Ganga
16) Visit The Beatles Ashram
17) Visit Parmarth Niketan Ashram
18) Visit Gita Bhawan
19) Visit Bharat Mandir
20) Visit Rajaji National Park
21) Visit Swarg Ashram
22) Experience The Ayurvedic Massage
23) Cafe Hopping
24) Visit Neelkanth Mahadev Temple
25) Temple Tour
26) Shopping in Rishikesh
Also visit – Things To Do in Rishikesh
Things to remember – Rishikesh Tourism
– If you want to enjoy the best of Rishikesh, you should go in groups. This will give you a better experience as it will help you enjoy each other’s company throughout your trip.
– If you want to take many photographs during your trip, you should go for the activities that will help you take them. Some of the better activities include rock climbing, paragliding, and flying fox. These activities help in capturing different views and scenes while they are being performed.
– It’s better to stay in an accommodation near pubs and market area rather than inside the city itself because it will be more convenient for you. This will save you time and money in transportation.
– You must take care of yourself while you are travelling to Rishikesh as this place is full of adventure activities and can be dangerous sometimes. So you need to check the weather and other conditions before going for any adventure activity.
– Hospitals and medical facilities in Rishikesh are not very good. So you should bring your medication with you and make sure that you have enough medicine for yourself.
– Do not book any accommodation or activities in advance as it will be a waste of money. Try to book them using last minute deals which are available through OTAs (online travel agencies) and local agents. This will help you to save money and time while travelling to Rishikesh.
Rishikesh is one of the most popular places for adventure enthusiasts and spirituality seekers. It’s a great place to visit if you want to relax and unwind from your everyday life. It’s a great place to spend your time with friends and family. Convenient transportation system, reasonable cost of accommodations and affordable food are some other reasons why Rishikesh should be in your list of favourite places to visit. Hope this article helps you to get the best out of your trip to the Holy city, and makes it an unforgettable one.