It’s no secret that Ladakh is one of the most beautiful places on Earth and there are many Things To Do In Leh Ladakh. It’s a land of mountains, monasteries and mysterious Buddhist legends. Whether you’re a traveller or someone who just wants to find out more about Ladakh, this post will inform you about all the important things that you need to know before travelling there.
Here Are The Best Things To do in your Leh Ladakh Trip:
1) Adventures Things To Do In Leh Ladakh
- Hike the most famous trekking route in the world
- Drive through stunning landscapes with high altitude lakes, snow capped mountains, dried out river beds and frozen deserts.
- Take an overnight jeep drive in the frozen desert
- Enjoy Camel safari in the ladakhi dessert at night
- Enjoy Rafting in the Indus River
- Take a hot bath in natural hot water pools fed by heat from snow covered mountains in the area
- Enjoy mountain biking at its best. Ride down steep slopes and enjoy the thrill of mountain biking.
- Take a boat ride on Indus river which flows at an altitude of nearly 3000 meters above sea level.
- Visit “Hotel Le Pain d’Or” which is the centre of both business and tourism in Leh. The hotel has a lot of activities such as wheel chair race, paragliding, hang-gliding, kite surfing, skydiving and even bungee jumping for those who are daring enough to try.
2) Visit to Historical Places in Leh Ladakh
- Visit Buddhist monasteries
- See more than 700 years old Tibetan temples and statues
- Visit the biggest monastery in Asia
- Visit the “Goenkarpo Buddha” which is a large statue of Buddha located in Leh district. It is 52 meters high and 31 meters long.
- Visit the “Dana Kumba” the Ladakhi version of the famous Mela which is located in Palampur town.
- Witness the Stok Monastery which is situated near to Nubra valley, it is known for its beautiful architecture and prayer wheels. The monastery was built by Tibetan Buddhists in 16th century AD.
- Visit the Stok museum which has an interesting collection of Ladakhi history. The museum also offers you the opportunity to catch a glimpse at Ladakh’s traditional way of life.
3) Witness The Beauty of Leh Ladakh
- Visit the famous Khardung La(4,380 meters) Pass and trek down to the beautiful lake Yumthang
- See the Blue Pools of Tso Moriri Lake
- Watch a beautiful sunset on the banks of Indus River and enjoy fishing at night.
- Relax your mind and body with an Ayurvedic massage by certified lamas from Tibetan Buddhism monasteries.
- Relax at the Lake Namche
- Stay in a wooden hut at Pangong Lake
- Visit Nubra valley, the place that is so cold that people here use ice to freeze their fruits and other food items.
- See the world highest altitude golf course. The golf course is in Khardungla pass.
4) Shopping And Eating in Leh Ladakh
- Take a walk in the Old city area or the new city area of Leh which is a great place for shopping and to hang out with your friends.
- Visit the Leh market which has numerous small shops selling all kinds of local goods, clothes and items.
- Buy Tibetan carpets in Leh and divine them as a souvenir for yourself or family members and friends.
- Buy woolen garments for yourself, women love such stuff due to the softness, color and texture of these garments.
- Visit the handicraft bazaar which is situated near to the polo ground in Leh.
- Eat authentic Ladakhi cold noodles and yoghurt.
- Try the famous butter tea.
5) Other Things To Do In Leh Ladakh
- Hang out at the “Chilling Out Park” which is located at the heart of Leh the capital of Ladakh, a popular tourist destination.
- Take a walk in the old town area of Leh and see its beautiful architecture, people here are so friendly towards tourists and visitors that they would be willing to help you find your way anywhere you want.
These are the best Things To Do In Leh Ladakh trip. we hope you will enjoy your stay in Leh Ladakh. and if you want to know about more places visit us at Traveltricky.com