The best time to visit Jaipur is during the “cool” months of October to February. This is because it will be less crowded and you will avoid the heat. However, if you want to experience a traditional Rajasthani festival, one that takes place in the winter months of December or January would be ideal.
The best season to take a trip to Jaipur is between October and November. This is because you are more likely to avoid the heat and it’s also a good time to get discounts in hotels and shop tariffs.
The weather in Jaipur is very hot during the hot season of April, May, June, July and August. During this time it can get as high as 45 degrees which can be really uncomfortable even with air conditioning.
During the winter months of December and January, temperatures are usually mild.
Top 5 Popular tourist attractions in Jaipur
The city of Jaipur has several popular tourist attractions, which you would want to visit during your trip. If you are planning your trip to Jaipur, you must consider these places and the best time to visit them for a perfect trip:
- City Palace – This palace is one of the largest historical havelis in India and is located in the heart of Jaipur. It’s made out of red sandstone and was built during 1727 to 1737. It is one of the best architectural attractions in Jaipur and has several beautiful rooms, gardens and palaces within its premises. The fort is also a good place to visit during the day and take a stroll through the parks.
- City Fort – It is situated in Sajjangarh, which lies around 15km from Jaipur towards Delhi. This fort was built by Maharaja Sawai Madho Singh I in 1727 and was his first major fortification against the attacks of Moghuls. The fort is a beautiful piece of architecture and depicts the architectural styles of Rajputs, Mughals and Shilahars.
- Hawa Mahal – This palace is situated in the heart of Jaipur in the city area and is one of the most well known attractions in India. It’s also popularly known as the ‘Palace of Winds‘. It was built by Maharaja Sawai Pratap Singh in 1799 using pink sandstone. The architecture of this palace is magnificent. Although it was built in the late 18th century, it’s got a grand look.
- Amber Fort – This is another popular historical fort in Jaipur that attracts tourists from all over India and abroad. It is an octagonal fort also known as ‘the Golden Fortress’. Built by Hizr Khan in 1631, it’s one of the most beautiful forts in Rajasthan. The fort is situated in the center of the city and can be easily seen from anywhere around.
- Chokhi Dhani, the ethnic village – This is a recreation of an ethnic Rajasthani village and is a must visit place in Jaipur. It’s located on the outskirts of Jaipur, around 15km from the city center and has a beautiful people, music, food and dances. You can try different Rajasthani cuisines here at this place.
Things to do in Jaipur
Jaipur has a lot of tourist attractions that will keep you interested during your trip. Apart from visiting the popular attractions of Jaipur, you can also enjoy several other things to do during your trip:
- Shopping in Jaipur – The city has several shopping places where you can shop from some unique antiques and find some rare handicraft products. There are many local markets that sell interesting products for tourists.
- Enjoying street shopping – There are several well-known bazaars in the city that sell clothes, fruits and vegetables, jewelry and many other things. You can enjoy walking through these shops to find something you like most.
- Horse riding – You can do a horse riding tour in Jaipur with any of the local taxi/auto rickshaws or with some hotels. You will have a wonderful time while doing this tour and will also see places that you might not normally visit.
- Diwali Holidays in Jaipur – You can celebrate the festival of Diwali in Jaipur by visiting temples and enjoy some traditional Gujarati sweets. You can also visit some of the other festivals celebrated during your trip.
- Bird watching – You can watch many different birds during your trip to Jaipur, which can be enchanted with their unique colors and interesting habits. There are several parks in the city where you can do this activity.
Jaipur is one of the best places to visit in Rajasthan. You will find many interesting tourist attractions and activities here. However, the best time to visit Jaipur would be during the colder months. The weather is great for sightseeing and you don’t have to worry about too many tourists around you. If you wish to see a traditional festival, then you can visit Jaipur in December or January when several festivals are celebrated.\